- 2021Hisdesat celebrates its 20th Anniversary.
SPAINSAT NG programme successfully passes Critical Design Review (CDR).
The PAZ satellite monitors volcanic activity on the island of La Palma.
- 2020Acquisition of the XTAR-EUR satellite.
Hisdesat and exactEarth join autonomous boat project, Mayflower.
Multi-year contract with the European Maritime Safety Agency (EMSA).
- 2019Beginning of construction of the SPAINSAT NG Program.
SAPZO network: dual use of government communications satellites.
First Interferogram of the radar constellation TerraSAR-X/PAZ.
Atmospheric data from PAZ reaches meteorological services around the world in “near real” time.
- 2018Launch and start-up of the PAZ satellite.
- 2017The launch of the PAZ satellite is awarded to SpaceX.
Definition of the new generation of communication satellites, SPAINSAT NG.
- 2016SpainSAT satellite celebrates a successful operational decade.
exactEarth Expands Constellation with the Launch of M3MSat.
- 2015New contract with the Norwegian Defence Logistics Organisation (NDLO).
exactEarth launches EV9, a new equatorial AIS satellite.
- 2014PAZ successfully completed the environmental tests that certifiy its capibility to be launched and withstand the operational environment once in orbit.
- 2013Launch of the book “A Walk in Space”.
Completion, in Spain, of the integration of the PAZ satellite.
- 2012Nuevo contrato con el Ministerio de Defensa de Dinamarca.
New contracts with the Government of Valencia and the Spanish Navy.
- 2011Presentation of the platform for the PAZ satellite.
- 2010Hisdesat becomes involved with the new satellite-based maritime traffic information system (AIS) through a joint venture with the Canadian firm COMDEV to create exactEarth.
- 2009Contract signed to provide communications services to the Norwegian Department of Defense.
- 2008Hisdesat starts offering services in the Ka band to the American Department of Defense.
Project “Seahorse” for the Civil Guard General Directorate.
- 2007National Satellite Earth Observation Program (PNOTS in Spanish) program in cooperation with the Ministries of Defense and of Industry, Tourism and Commerce.
Comprised by the PAZ and INGENIO satellites.
Contract through XtarLLC with American government agencies.
- 2006Launch of the SpainSat communications satellite, positioned at 30º west.
Contract signed with Belgium’s Ministry of Defense.
- 2005The Xtar-Eur communications satellite is placed in orbitat 29º east.
Through the joint venture with Xtar LLC, a contract is signed with the Defense Ministry of Denmark and the State Department of the United States.
- 2001Hisdesat created as an operator of government satellite defense services.