Supplier evaluation and monitoring
Hisdesat Servicios Estratégicos, S.A. has established an internal procedure for checking and monitoring the performance of the suppliers with whom it works regularly, and those that are valued based on criteria related to technical, financial, legal and regulatory training, which ensure maximum commitment by the same.
On the other hand, HISDESAT has established a procedure for continuous control and monitoring of supplier performance based on an indicator. This indicator is valued annually and qualifies as approved or not approved.
The indicator is obtained from the evaluation of a series of different criteria for each family of suppliers:
- Criteria for service and equipment providers: Compliance with the legal guarantee terms. Compliance with the Service Level Agreements. Troubleshooting.
- Criteria for IT providers Systems: Delivery of equipment within the stipulated deadlines. Free returns Technical assistance. Acceptance of confidentiality clauses.
- Criteria for earth station providers: Performing scheduled maintenance. Monthly sending of reports. Compliance with the agreed actions.
- Criteria for equipment calibration providers: ENAC accreditation or that is calibrated by the manufacturer. Sending calibration certificates.
- Criteria for suppliers with environmental impact: Authorizations in force by the Regional Communities needed for the performance of its activity. Signing of an environmental commitment. Making and sending the necessary documentation for maintenance activities provided to HISDESAT. Response to incidents.
In addition, compliance in time and form of offers, orders and invoices will also be assessed.
In case of incidents in the continuous monitoring or that the annual qualification of not approved is obtained, HISDESAT would contact the supplier to request a plan of actions to correct the detected problems, being able to reach the discontinuation of the supplier if it returns to Be qualified as not approved for the second consecutive year.